PROJECT AICPR – ADVANCED PROGRAM „DEVELOPMENT OF INVESTMENT CLIMATE”
During 2007 and 2008, Koprivnica Križevci County participated in the implementation of Investment Certification Programme for Regions – ICPR. Besides Koprivnica Križevci County, the project also involved various institutions from Koprivnica Križevci County: PORA Development Agency of Podravina and Prigorje, leading coordinator for Koprivnica Križevci County, Croatian Chamber of Commerce – County Chamber of Commerce Koprivnica, Tourist Board of Koprivnica Križevci County and Institute for Physical Planning of Koprivnica Križevci County. The Ministry of Economy, Labour and Entrepreneurship of the Republic of Croatia in cooperation with USAID managed the project.
In the first project phase Koprivnica Križevci County, together with Krapina – Zagorje County and Bjelovar-Bilogora County have complied with all predefined standards in gathering information and in preparing of business zones for investors. Upon the successful completion of project activities, Koprivnica Križevci County obtained the ICPR certificate as Green Croatia Region, or in other words, as an investment friendly region.
In 2010 and 2011, PORA Development Agency of Podravina and Prigorje participated in the Advanced Investment Certification Programme for Regions (AICPR) as coordinator for Koprivnica Križevci County. The AICPR programme is a continuation of ICPR – Investment Certification Programme for Regions carried out by the Ministry of Economy, Labor and Entrepreneurship and Investment and Export Promotion Agency. It is an integral part of Regional competitiveness operational programme 2007-2009. The project is being implemented by eight counties that have completed the first phase of certification process. Koprivnica Križevci County is one of those eight counties.
The project involves activities aimed at improvement and enhancement of knowledge and skills gained in the first phase of the project with the main objective of attracting and keeping foreign investors.
Advanced ICPR programme involves the following standards:
– Advanced information standard
– Advanced property standard
– Advanced Marketing standard
– 4th standard – Investment climate standard that involves Outreach programme and benchmarking component.
As a part of their project activities within the Advanced Information Standard in 2010 and 2011, PORA and their partner institutions developed materials under the title of “Invest in Koprivnica Križevci County”. They consist of 11 templates that are intended to attract investors to Koprivnica Križevci County. The templates provide basic information about the County and its strategic sectors – Investor’s guide, Suppliers database, SWOT analysis of the County and strategic sectors as well as a profile of Koprivnica Križevci County.
Advanced property standard involved gathering and updating information regarding three business zones in Koprivnica Križevci County: Business zone Gornji Čret, Business zone Koprivnički Ivanec and Business Zone Radnička that are available for new investments, both domestic and foreign.
Advanced Marketing standard resulted in marketing strategy of Koprivnica Križevci County that defined strategic sectors that would attract new investments into the County.
Investment climate standard provided a framework for establishment and operation of a broader promotional team of Koprivnica Križevci County as well as the establishment of One Stop Service Centre that consists of many institutions in the County that are necessary for attracting direct investments. One Stop Service Centre members have held a meeting where they discussed aftercare and possibilities involving foreign companies that operate in the County. The main objective of the meeting was to explore possibilities to continue good cooperation and to realize new investments in the future. In July 2011, one of the final project activities was a simulation of a visit of a foreign investor to Koprivnica Križevci County. It was a useful practice for future visits of possible foreign investors to Koprivnica Križevci County.
During the AICPR project, members of the team involved in activities gained new knowledge and experience and they improved their capacities regarding domestic and foreign investments to Koprivnica Križevci County.
In the Advanced programme, Koprivnica Križevci County and PORA Development Agency were joined by the institutions from Koprivnica Križevci County: County Chamber of Commerce Koprivnica and Institute for Physical Planning of Koprivnica Križevci County.
KEY INFORMATION FOR INVESTORS
- Key facts for Investors
- Swot analysis
- Summary County Profile
- Company List and Selected FDI Company Profiles
- Profiles of Major Indigenous Companies
- Database of Indigenous Supplier Companies
- Rationale for Priority Sector Selection-Foodprocessing
- Rationale for Priority Sector Selection-Energetic
- Sectoral and Cluster Information -ENERGETIC
- Sectoral and Cluster Information-FOOD-PROCESSING
- Sectoral Profiles and Key Success Factors-ENERGETIC
- Sectoral Profiles and Key Success Factors-FOOD-PROCESSING
- Monitoring Indicators on FDI
- GUIDE FOR INVESTORS
- Customer Charter
MOST IMPORTANT LINKS
- KOPRIVNICA KRIŽEVCI COUNTY
- KOPRIVNICA KRIŽEVCI COUNTY, DEPARTMENT FOR ECONOMY AND COMMUNAL AFFAIRS
- KOPRIVNICA KRIŽEVCI COUNTY, DEPARTMENT FOR SPATIAL PLANNING, BUILDING AND ENVIRONMENT PROTECTION
- CITY OF KOPRIVNICA
- CITY OF KOPRIVNICA, DEPARTMENT FOR COMMUNAL AFFAIRS, SPATIAL PLANNING AND ENVIRONMENT PROTECTION
- CITY OF KRIŽEVCI
- CITY OF KRIŽEVCI, DEPARTMENT FOR HOUSING AND COMMUNAL SERVICES
- CITY OF ĐURĐEVAC
- CROATIAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE, COUNTY CHAMBER KOPRIVNICA
- CROATIAN CHAMBER OF TRADES AND CRAFTS, CHAMBER OF KOPRIVNICA KRIŽEVCI COUNTY
- INSTITUTE FOR SPATIAL PLANING OF KOPRIVNICA KRIŽEVCI COUNTY
- TOURIST BOARD OF KOPRIVNICA KRIŽEVCI COUNTY
- CROATIAN EMPLOYMENT SERVICE, REGIONAL OFFICE KRIŽEVCI
- ENTREPRENEURSHIP CENTER KRIŽEVCI Ltd.
- KOPRIVNICA ENTREPRENEUR Ltd.
- BUSINESS ZONES IN KOPRIVNICA KRIŽEVCI COUNTY
- LINK TO FDI COMPANIES IN KORPIVNICA KRIŽEVCI COUNTY HARTMANN Ltd.
- CARLSBERG Ltd.
- LASSELSBERGER KNAUF Ltd.
- HAAS DOM Ltd.